The internet is no longer limited to desktops. Mobile phones and tablets can now be used to access the internet. You need to target these mobile phone users as well, which is why many successful businesses have outstanding mobile websites. Mobile phones are another point of access to your site, another way to present your information or make a sale so you need to make sure that you have a mobile website that will help you do this.
The Key Features Of A Mobile Website
There are a number of features that all mobile websites should have to ensure customer satisfaction and high conversion rates.
- Ability to automatically detect a mobile - This means your site should be able to detect when someone is accessing your website using their mobile phone. This will allow you to automatically redirect the user to your mobile website, improving their browsing experience.
- Simplified Content - You don’t want unnecessary content that the mobile user has to scroll through to get to the relevant information. You want the right content available immediately when they access your mobile website. Many users struggle accessing content on their mobile if their phone if the website designed for the desktop. You want to make sure you have a mobile site for these users that’s clear and easy to use.
- Fast - Users don’t want to wait ages for their webpage to load and if it takes too long then they will get frustrated and click off your website and might try somewhere else. You want to make sure that your website loads quickly on mobiles. To do so, your site should have small files and have images that are optimized for mobile viewing.
- Reach Social Media - Your mobile website needs to have icons that will connect to social media; the same as your desktop website. This allows the customer to promote your business which will increase the number of people hearing about it and deciding to access your website.
- Functions That Are Interactive – Interactivity is essential for mobile websites. As well as having icons that link to social media, you also need links to email, SMS, store locator and click-to-call. This makes the mobile website clear and easy to use and provides the user with all the information that they need. If the user decides they might like to visit your store, you’ll want them to be able to find the store locator easily.
- Big Icons - you need to remember that the mobile user is using a very small screen to access your site and that they do not have a mouse. They will be clicking on buttons and icons using their fingers so you need to make sure the icons are big enough for them to easily use.
Want A Great Looking Mobile Website?
If you require a great looking, high converting mobile website talk to Store Express. We have many years of experience in the creation of mobile websites so they can provide you with the perfect mobile browsing solution. If you would like us to design and build a mobile site for you, please call us on 0845 050 3500 or send us an email on email@example.com.