Are you looking for advice on how to improve your ecommerce website? There are many mistakes that the majority of online business owners overlook. Do not miss this opportunity to increase the traffic and conversion rate of your ecommerce website.
The Most Common Mistakes Made By Ecommerce Website Owners
• Assuming you know all needs of your customers. Many business owners assume that they know about the wants and needs of their customers. However, if you do not listen to your client’s input you are cutting off a vital feedback resource.
Ask your customers what they think about your website design. Is it functional? Can they find everything they are looking for? Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The most common mistake made is changing your website design simply because you feel like it, or because you were advised by a web designer. Always do research before changing something major.
• Using only one traffic source. Depending on a single traffic source might be a huge mistake. Google changes its algorithms frequently. If you solely depend on Google to drive traffic, you might experience a loss in revenue once Google changes its algorithms.
Instead, balance your traffic: use pay per click, social media, partner websites, blogs, email promotions, directs traffic etc.
• Getting too comfortable with your ecommerce website. It might be hard for small online business owners to constantly promote new products or run various promotional strategies. However, it is important to keep your online store in good condition. Remove old promotions, remove items that are out of stock, and of course be creative and introduce something new.
It doesn’t have to be something major, just something that would make customers curious and eager to buy your products or services.
• Never updating products. It is getting increasingly difficult to cater to customer needs – they are ever-changing. However, if customers can’t find what they are looking for they will go elsewhere. Your ecommerce business needs to be up-to-date with new trends.
You could try to introduce a new product every two weeks. Use various promotional methods, engage customers and give them valuable information.
• Overlooking the potential of mobile devices. Did you know that mobile device usage has grown by 60% so far in 2013?*
What does this mean for your ecommerce business? More potential customers and more profit. Now people are available to shop wherever they are, whenever they want. Make sure your website is compatible with mobile devices and tablets.
Store Express – Your Partner In Helping You Increase Conversion Rates
Store Express experts are ready to offer you award-winning solutions for your ecommerce website. Do you want to increase traffic? Do you want to convert users into buyers? It is all possible with strategic tailored solutions from Store express.
For more information on ecommerce solutions please call: 0845 050 2500 or visit our website: http://www.storeexpress.co.uk/