When you’re building an Ecommerce web design, or trusting someone else to build it to your specifications, there are certain key aspects that need to be included in order for the site to function effectively. However what some people may fail to realise is that, equally as important as getting all the essential stuff right, is avoiding the classic mistakes. That is why it is generally better to have a reputable Ecommerce web design provider work with you to create a successful online shop.
5 things to look out for in ecommerce web design
The overall design of a site is of some significance but you must remember that whether it is popular or not is simply down to a matter of taste. A recent survey was conducted on over 100 ecommerce sites that run on leading platforms and the results determined a list of 5 ecommerce mistakes that should always be avoided:
- Tiny Fonts – Particularly annoying for mCommerce users
- No shipping quote – Customer’s need to know ALL costs before committing to a purchase
- Poor graphic design – You wouldn’t shop in a poorly presented/messy store. Online stores are no different in this respect.
- Broken Stuff – Constantly test and retest all aspects of your site to ensure it’s working correctly. Things like dead links and missing images contribute to a poor user experience.
- No blog - Blogs offer opportunities to connect with the merchant and they’re a great source of content that make customers return to your site.
So when you’re searching for an appropriate Ecommerce Solution, keep this top 5 in the back of your mind and be sure your designers steer clear of them.
Trust in the Experts, Buy a ecommerce web design from Store Express
Store Express is a reputable and trusted organisation that is so experienced and competent in what they do, you never need to worry. Their years of experience have taught them only the best practices to create a dynamic online store that generates high conversions, both for standalone and integrated Ecommerce stores.