If you have worked hard on your ecommerce website and made it attractive and you are someone who places importance on navigation and usability, then there’s no better way to make all those efforts fruitful other than offering your visitor the best site search experience. Providing your visitor with effective search functions simply reflects how much you care about your visitor. When your site search function gives your user the best possible experience as a visitor, you can win their trust, learn their true needs and turn them into repeat customers.
Studies have proven that many users often rely on search as their main hunting strategy. Statistics also show that about 43% of visitors use the search box and about 30% of all activity on ecommerce websites is search. Various research has also shown that visitors who use site search convert better than non searchers, and an effective search function can accelerate the sales process. It also states that 73% of people will leave your site if the search function is poor.
Another way that the search site function can help with boosting your ecommerce solution is that you’ll be able to watch your visitors search behavior and this will in turn help you understand their needs better and respond accordingly. If the search function of your website works well, it means you’re offering better usability to your visitors and you’re helping them find what they want quickly and easily. This can translate to high conversion rates, higher sales and more revenue. If your visitors experience a pleasant user experience this will in turn make them linger on your site for longer hours, which will again encourage them to shop with you and it will also pave the way for return visits.
Now if this seems inspiring and you’re wondering how to incorporate effective site search functions into your website, it’s best to seek help from an expert ecommerce solution company like Store Express. Our team of skilled ecommerce specialists are highly knowledgeable about every component of an ecommerce site and can build effective search functions for your site.
Below are a few best practices that we follow while constructing effective search features for your site:
• Search boxes will be placed in a prominent position and will be visible across the entire site such that users find the search feature quickly.
• They will be placed separately to avoid confusion among your visitors.
• It will be labeled clearly.
• A text will be used within the site search box to indicate its function. This text will also disappear once the user clicks to enter their own search term.
• We will also adjust the size of the box based on the products sold on your ecommerce website. • Search box will be placed on every page so that visitors can search products from any page on your website.
• The dropdown menu feature will help visitors narrow search results before they begin.
If you’re looking out for site search boxes that will entice your visitors and convert them into customers, then contact Store Express at Building 4 Millars Brook Molly Millars Lane Wokingham Berkshire RG41 2AD Telephone: 0845 050 2500 Fax: 0845 838 2701 Email:email@example.com