In industries such as ecommerce and digital marketing, it is imperative that anyone involved always stays up to date with current trends. They are so dynamic and fast paced that to not stay informed can leave you at a great disadvantage to other competitors.
Ecommerce Website Stats This January
- An EML Wildfire study has shown that LinkedIn is the most popular social network amongst companies. 98% have a registered account which creates a great opportunity for B2B companies and e-commerce websites to network.
- Mobile optimisation has been identified as the most exciting digital opportunity for marketers this year. Mcommerce and mobile device use is continuing to grow so ecommerce website owners should waste no more time in creating an optimised site if they havent already.
- 24% of UK shoppers used their mobile while shopping in physical stores last Christmas. Having a mobile optimised site presents increased opportunities for websites to increase sales and swoop in on a competitors potential customers.
- 89% of 2000 online consumers in a survey admitted to going online during Christmas Day and Boxing Day. 30% of them did so via a smartphone and 21% from a tablet device.
- Online sales in December 2012 increased by 17.8%.
- The most popular gifts bought on ecommerce websites were electrical goods. E.g. smartphones, e-readers and tablet computers.
- Mobile traffic on Boxing Day was 38% higher than Cyber Monday. This shows that the sales season is becoming the prime time to sell online, not just the build up to Christmas.
- Mobile internet use in West Africa has significantly grown to a point where it is almost equal to fixed line use. This highlights a possible new market to target.
Store Express E commerce Website Solutions
Store Express specialises in creating e commerce website designs
and solutions for a range of businesses looking to succeed online. We stay up to date with all the latest industry news and updates in order to provide customers with the most relevant and beneficial services.
To make an enquiry please call 0845 050 3500 or email email@example.com