For people with a keen interest in having an ecommerce web design that specialises in fashion and clothing, it’s often women’s wear that is the product range of choice. Similarly when it comes to marketing these stores, women have always been the key target market which in all honesty is perfectly understandable. Research shows that women make up around 80% of the purchasing decisions in a household and are statistically more active online for longer periods of time. In addition they are more likely to ‘window shop’ both in the real world and online.
However more recently, ecommerce websites specialising in men’s fashion have begun entering the ecommerce market attracting more males to shop online for their clothes.
What’s Been Driving More Males to Shop Online?
It’s been noted that 6 trends have helped push this market development:
- Purchasing Power – More men are researching and buying online, with 67% shopping more than once a month online
- Access – Men’s grooming products and other niche fashions have an increased online presence through more content, social networks and other online tools which has stimulated a desire to expand a man’s current tastes, styles and products.
- Less Is More – Men don’t tend to have a variety of different personal items at their disposal like women. So comparison shopping online to find that single, useful item for them is important, which is where a focused ecommerce site can benefit.
- Ease Is Key – Subscription ecommerce concepts are growing in popularity for men as they can conveniently provide everything a man needs in a streamlined manner.
- Niches Offer Opportunity – New ecommerce stores are providing specific niche products to attract particular male shoppers.
- Loyalty Matters – An understanding of a male target market and having a trusted site that continuously provides a good service ensures repeat business and customer loyalty.
For online businesses involved in this growing market, having effective ecommerce solutions will allow you to effectively succeed in the online retail market and increase conversions. Store Express has a variety of bespoke ecommerce solutions available.
Find out more by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0845 050 3500