No customer retention? Maybe its worth taking a look at your customer service you provide via your ecommerce solutions. You may have the best internet marketing strategies, top notch SEO and stunning design but if your customer service is terrible all of that comes crumbling down. It makes sense because satisfied customers will visit over and over as they know that if there is a problem, youuve got their back.
What can one customer do to my ecommerce store?
You maybe asking yourself that very question, but I shall now explain why it is very important to keep every customer satisfied. If you treat a customer well they may tell 1 or 2 people about their good experience, if you treat them badly they may tell 10 or 20 people about how badly your ecommerce store performed. This isnnt just the case for word of mouth as in this day and age anyonees voice can be heard by the entire world through social media sites, blogs, forums or rating sites. The scary part is once its there on the web its almost impossible to get rid of and any other potential customers who do a little research on your ecommerce store who finds these negative reviews could be deterred from using your site.
But what can I do to ensure this doesn't happen to my ecommerce store?
Luckily there are a few things you can do to make sure this doesnnt happen to your ecommerce store. Although these may cost some money in retrospect as to how much it would cost combating bad reviews and clearing your brands name these are relatively cheap.
- Automated sales processes:
- Simple things like automated response emails thanking your customers for their purchases or interaction with your store.
- Email notification of shipping and distribution of their products as many customers expect this as a sort of receipt but not all sites do.
- Coupon inclusion for offers and money off selected items, these donnt have to be with every email but the occasional one is always a nice bonus!
- Follow up emails giving the chance for the customer to send positive and negative feedback, if you offer them somewhere to vent if they have had a bad experience then they will vent at you and not somewhere you donnt control.
This concludes part 1 of this blog on ecommerce online customer service, the for anymore information please read part 2 or contact StoreExpress.
Want any more information about ecommerce solutions? Contact StoreExpress on, Telephone: 0845 050 3500, Fax: 0845 838 2701, Email: email@example.com.